Whether you are shopping for a special outfit or going to hit the sales, what you wear when you shop can really pay dividends in saving you time and ensuring you don’t get too tired.
Here are my 10 tops tips for what to think about when you go shopping.
- Always shop with a list…and stick to it!
- Regardless of what you are planning to buy make sure you wear great underwear. Everything looks better with the right foundations!
- It helps to wear a camisole or lightweight top – so that you can strip down to try things on in the shop rather than queuing for the changing room.
- Make sure your clothes are easy to get on and off – as few zips, buttons and other fastenings as possible.
- Wear a cardigan or coat top layer that is not too warm – shopping can be hot work.
- Choose a small cross body bag so that you really look at the (sales) rails and not have to worry where your bag is.
- Flat or comfy shoes are a must – and ones that you can get on and off easily.
- Carry a nail file in you bag – you don’t wan to damage clothes by rough edges.
- Keep make up to a minimum , especially lipstick. Again you don’t want to mark the clothes that you may buy.
- Keep hydrated. Either by stopping regularly or by having a bottle of water in your bag. De-hydration will make you feel really tired and you will quit more quickly than if your keep sipping water.
You may not think much of the clothes that I’ve chosen in the picture for this post. They are just there to show the core idea of what to aim for, for ease and comfort. The tips are in no particular order – they’re all quite important. However, when I’m personal shopping with clients, I find that clients rarely shop with a list. It’s essential to know before you start what you are looking for. As the saying goes – if you travel without a map you won’t reach your destination…
Finally, when sales shopping it’s only a bargain if it’s something you need to complete your wardrobe, will get a lot of wear from and fulfils a specific need.
Its January 2019 and the sales are on…happy shopping!
PS Personal Shopping can be booked on our sister website here: imaginationonline.info
PPS Want to train as a personal shopper? You can find more information here about our course “How to be a successful Personal Shopper“